Prep 1 min
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I ripped this from a Thanksgiving book. The book said " today we store blueberries in the refrigerator or freezer. In the 1620's, Americans dried berries to preserve them for winter. The Pilgrims referred to these little, round, blue skinned berries as whortleberries or billberries...often Native Americans rehydrated or plumped up their dried berries by soaking them in hot water for 15 minutes before serving." This could be a healthy snack or a nice add in for a salad or for whatever you can think of.
- 1 pint blueberries, can use any amount
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Wash the berries well.
- Cover the cookie sheet with foil.
- Spread the berries onto the sheet.
- Put the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- The dried berries should be shriveled but not burned.
- Let them cool and store them in an airtight container.
Very easy, i adjusted the time down as i was using wild blueberries which are smaller.