Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good casserole to serve to guests. My children who thought they couldn't "stand" green peas, loved this once they got the courage to try it. Recipe was given to me by a favorite friend who worked with me in nursing.
- 1 (19 ounce) can le seuer peas, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 1 quart casserole dish.
- Drain peas.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add Ranch dressing mix to soup and add this mixture along with cheese, to the peas.
- Stir gently, but well.
- Put into the prepared baking dish and top with slivered almonds.
- Bake in pre-heated oven until almonds are toasted and casseroles edges are beginning to bubble.