Recipe by gailanng
Spicy! Inspiration from Budget Bytes.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
First attracted to this recipe by the name, a real attention getter in my opinion. But after a busy day in town needed something fast and easy and this sure fit that need. Chose to use Udorn (sp) noodles as they made it even faster and I like the taste. Other than that followed the recipe and glad I did, next time I might add another egg but that's all I'd do. So good with a nice blend of sweet and hot. I can see where you could change this in so many ways just depending on what you would want to add in or type of noodles. Will be using this one often
- 4 ounces wide lo mein noodles or 4 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha asian garlic sauce (to taste)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the noodles and cook al dente according to the package directions.
- While waiting for the water to boil, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce and sriracha.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Add the red pepper to the butter as it melts. Whisk an egg in a bowl and then add to the melted butter. Stir gently and cook through. Once the egg is done cooking; turn off the heat.
- When the noodles are tender, drain the water and then add them to the skillet with the cooked egg. Then add the prepared brown sugar/sauce. Turn the heat down low to evaporate excess moisture and stir until everything is coated well with the sauce. Sprinkle the sliced green and cilantro leaves on top and serve immediately.