Recipe by Annacia
Would you believe spa like, low fat, mashed potatoes? This classic comfort food goes well with just about anything: roasted turkey, skinless chicken or lean beef. Perfect for busy weekday dinners or on a holiday buffet. I got this from Becel. Add some salt to taste if you wish.
Top Review by rosie316
I made these for dinner tonight as a side with a pork tenderloin (well, I guess I can say I made these last night, since it's midnight now). I didn't change a single thing (other than the fact that I didn't use "low-cal" anything). Absolutely love garlic potatoes... and these fit the bill. Nice use of red new potatoes... quite rustic, super easy to make and very festive with the fresh parsley tossed in. Note: I did have to add a splash more of "whole" milk and just a tiny dollop of "real butter" to get the texture I was aiming for. (Sorry for no picture... I can't seem to post on here). Your yummy potatoes are in the running for our Christmas dinner. Thanks for posting.:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium red potatoes, unpeeled and cut into chunks (750 g)
- 2 tablespoons margarine (Becel Buttery Taste margarine, 30 ml)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk (50 ml) or 1⁄4 cup fat free liquid coffee creamer (50 ml)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (30 ml)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, add potatoes and cover with salted to taste water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender; drain. In same saucepan, melt Becel Buttery Taste margarine over medium heat and cook garlic, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Return potatoes to saucepan; mash. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve hot.