Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
While sitting in the waiting room of my Dr's office I found this easy recipe in a magazine. Prep time includes the last step to allow chocolate to set.
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate piece
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons shortening
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 24 glazed doughnut holes
- Preheat over to 350°.
- Spread coconut in shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring two or three times (watch closely toward end of baking to prevent coconut from burning).
- Set aside to cool.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl place chocolate pieces and shortening.
- Microwave on 50% power (medium) for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each minute.
- Stir in cinnamon.
- Arrange doughnut holes on tray or baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- Spoon chocolate over each doughnut hole and sprinkle with coconut.
- Let stand until set, about 30 minutes.
- To serve, arrange doughnut holes on a platter.
- If desired, thread 2 doughnut holes on bamboo skewer; arrange spoke fashion on a platter.
- Decorate skewer ends with curling ribbon, choosing colors to fit the occasion.