While sitting in the waiting room of my Dr's office I found this easy recipe in a magazine. Prep time includes the last step to allow chocolate to set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 350°.
- 2Spread coconut in shallow baking pan.
- 3Bake for 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring two or three times (watch closely toward end of baking to prevent coconut from burning).
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5In a medium microwave-safe bowl place chocolate pieces and shortening.
- 6Microwave on 50% power (medium) for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring after each minute.
- 7Stir in cinnamon.
- 8Arrange doughnut holes on tray or baking sheet lined with waxed paper.
- 9Spoon chocolate over each doughnut hole and sprinkle with coconut.
- 10Let stand until set, about 30 minutes.
- 11To serve, arrange doughnut holes on a platter.
- 12If desired, thread 2 doughnut holes on bamboo skewer; arrange spoke fashion on a platter.
- 13Decorate skewer ends with curling ribbon, choosing colors to fit the occasion.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Doughnut Delights
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.2
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 49.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bittersweet chocolate pieces