1/1 Photo of Double Thick Potato Cheese Soup
8 hrs 20 mins
My mother gave me a crock pot cookbook a few years ago. The cook book has been lost somehow (!) But I remember this recipe by heart. Its simple and great for fall and winter. My husband requests it all the time when the weather cools, and it has become our traditional Christmas Eve meal. As with most recipes, I make my own condensed cream soups, but for the ingredient list I put it in as canned.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (or not)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use a bit more)
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I use about 2 cups)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- black pepper
- 1In crock pot combine potatoes, cream of mushroom, 1 cup of green onions and spices. Mix up well.
- 2Cook on low 8 hours.
- 3Add in cheese, sour cream and milk, stir until cheese melts.
- 4Add the remaining green onions before serving.
- 5We like this served with a garlic Tuscan bread.
- 7You can greatly differ the taste by experimenting with different flavors of cheddar cheese. We like Vermont extra sharp the best, but have also tried cheddar bacon and cheddar garlic.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Thick Potato Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.7
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 881.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 14.5 g