Recipe by dizzydi
A Delicious two layer fudge with almonds and a touch of coffee, This fudge is quite rich and I normally make it in a small batch but you could easily double it and use a larger pan. It uses both dark and white chocolate and keeps well in the fridge for a couple of weeks. A nice fudge for a special occasion. I normally serve this fudge cut into small rectangular pieces.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I know I probably ruined this recipe for all coffee lovers, but I couldn't bring myself to include that one ingredient! And still, the resulting little nuggets of sweetness were great! ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL FUDGE, & a definite keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped tag in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]
- 270 g dark chocolate
- 200 g condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (dissolved in 1 teaspoon water)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 100 g white chocolate
- 50 g condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 5 ingredients in container and microwave on high for 1 minute, stir till smooth, It may need a further 30 seconds.
- Stir in Chopped Almonds and Vanilla and pour into a foil lined 5 x 8 inch rectangular pan, place in fridge to set whilst you prepare the top layer.
- Place white chocolate and second lot of condensed milk in micro container and micro for 30 seconds, stir and remicro for a further 15 seconds if needed till smooth.
- Add flaked Almonds and stir, then pour over top of dark chocolate fudge layer patting down till smooth.
- Place in fridge to set.