Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
So very good....and easy.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 pan.
- Combine peanut butter, margarine, and vanilla in a large bowl. Cream well.
- Beat in brown sugar til light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Blend in flour and salt.
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes or til center springs back when lightly touched. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack.
- Mix powdered sugar with water in small bowl, stil til smooth. Drizzle from spoon over cookies in pan; swirl with back of spoon to make random pattern.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening over simmering water in top of double boiler. Drizzle over the white glaze for black and white zig zag pattern. When cool, cut into rectangles.