Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
If you like chocolate and caramel, then you have to give this recipe a try. They are great any time of the year, but they are especially great to make during the holidays. We like to make up a couple batches and tuck them into holiday crocks or mugs to give as gifts to Sunday School teachers etc.
- 12 ounces chocolate-flavored candy coating, cut up
- 1 (10 ounce) package English toffee bits, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) packagewrapped caramels, unwrapped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat candy coating over low heat stirring constantly until just melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Place Heath bits in a bowl.
- Dip 1 caramel into melted coating; turn to coat.
- Lift caramel out with a fork; drawing across rim of pan to remove excess coating.
- Place dipped caramels in Heath bits and turn to coat.
- Transfer to waxed paper.
- Let stand 30 minutes or until firm.
- Store tightly covered up to 1 week.