Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
Easy and full of chocolate--what's not to love?!
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips or 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cut well-chilled cookie dough into 1/4" thick slices; place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Cut a 1" circle out of the centers of half the cookes.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheets, then transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until the chocolate has melted.
- Spread chocolate over bottoms of the whole cookies.
- Immediately top each chocolate coated cookie with the cookies with the holes.
- Place the milk chocolate chips in a small, heavy Zip-lock bag; seal.
- Microwave at 50% power for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Turn the bag over, microwave 1-1 1/2 minutes more, or until chocolate is melted.
- Knead the bag until the chocolate is smooth.
- Snip a small corner off the edge of the bag; drizzle the chocolate in a random or decorative pattern over the cookies.
- Let stand until the chocolate has set, about 30 minutes.