Recipe by Cook4_6
A friend copied this recipe from a cookbook about 10 years ago for me. I have made this recipe for Christmas every year since then. It is a family favorite.
Top Review by Lainey6605
These cookies are awesome! I took these to a holiday party and people just raved about them. Many wanted the recipe. They were very easy to make and have great flavor! Thanks for sharing.
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml vegetable shortening
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl combine sugar, butter, shortening, peanut butter, egg and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add oats, flour and salt.
- Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- Stir in chips.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until set.
- Immediately press peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie, reforming circular shape if edges crumble a bit.
- Let cool 2 minutes before removing from sheet.
- Cool completely before storing. Speed this up by transferring to refrigerator for 20 minutes or so.