Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A friend copied this recipe from a cookbook about 10 years ago for me. I have made this recipe for Christmas every year since then. It is a family favorite.
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml vegetable shortening
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 36 miniature peanut butter cups
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl combine sugar, butter, shortening, peanut butter, egg and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add oats, flour and salt.
- Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- Stir in chips.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until set.
- Immediately press peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie, reforming circular shape if edges crumble a bit.
- Let cool 2 minutes before removing from sheet.
- Cool completely before storing. Speed this up by transferring to refrigerator for 20 minutes or so.
These cookies are awesome! I took these to a holiday party and people just raved about them. Many wanted the recipe. They were very easy to make and have great flavor! Thanks for sharing.
LOVE 'em!!! Love 'em!!! Did I say we LOVE them?! Nice texture with the touch of oats, the flavor is fabulous and I love the topping of the peanut butter cups. Now I did goof a bit and purchased mini PB baking cups (not the mini candies - was not thinking straight) so I just popped two of those mini PB baking cups on top of each cookie. Wonderful! Will be making more of these for our Christmas cookie trays! Thanks for sharing! Tagged in 1.2.3 Hit Wonders.
these are a hit with the kidds a little rich for me but I love the texture the oats give it