Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Make and share this Double Chocolate Diamonds recipe from Food.com.
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 236.59 ml Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 118.29 ml Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 236.59 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 354.88 ml Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 295.73 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 333.10 g jar Smucker's® Hot Fudge Topping
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F Line bottom and sides of 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with foil. Coat with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until creamy. Beat in eggs and almond extract until smooth. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix at low speed just until combined. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack while preparing chocolate layer.
- PLACE chocolate chips in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Stir. Microwave in 15 second intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in hot fudge topping. Microwave on HIGH 15 seconds. Spread over warm baked bars. Sprinkle with walnuts. Chill 1 hour or until chocolate layer is firm.
- LIFT bars from pan with foil and place on cutting board. Cut into diamonds by cutting on the diagonal from corner to corner both directions forming a large "X". Beginning at one center cut, make 1-1/2-inch parallel diagonal cuts on both sides. Repeat with other center cut to form diamonds. Store in refrigerator.