Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My wonder MIL used to make this when all the kids would come home for a visit. She was an Air Force wife and had learned so many quick and easy (& delicious) recipes through the years. She can no longer cook, but all the recipes and flavors bring back only the best of memories.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml potato flakes
- 177.44 ml butter
- 177.44 ml milk
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 2.46 ml salt
- 35.43 g package sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 44.37-59.16 ml milk
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml potato flakes
- In large bowl, combine flour, potato flakes, cut in butter. Stir in milk to make stiff dough.
- Pat half the dough into a 10 inch circle on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place remaining dough between two layers of waxed paper. Roll out in a circle to cover bottom crust for later.
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat. Sprinkle with salt and seasoning. Stir in the tomato sauce.
- Spread mixture on crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Add top crust and brush with the additional milk. Sprinkle additional potato flakes and butter over top.
- Bake at 425 for 20 to 25 min or until crust is golden brown.