Recipe by Pesto lover
My friend Donna makes the best meatloaf ever. The amount of chili powder seems excessive, but it really tastes great. You can use 1 tbsp if you are fearful, but believe me - it tastes better with the amount given if you use Spice Islands brand. If your brand is very strong, cut the amount in half. Here is her recipe.
Top Review by VickyJ
This was a great weeknight meal! It went together easy and is another meatloaf recipe that I'll make again. I'm always looking for new recipes. I didn't have any tomato, so I just left that out. Thank you for the great dinner!
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 16 ounces canned creamed corn
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped into about 1 inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, in 1/2 inch dice
- 3 -4 slices white bread, crusts removed & torn into small pieces (I use a very soft white bread for this)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup, for meat mixture
- 4 teaspoons chili powder (I use Spice Islands)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix creamed corn, eggs, chili powder, 1/2 cup ketchup, salt, pepper and bread together. Let sit while mixing meat, onion, tomato & bell pepper in large bowl.
- Add corn mixture to meat mixture.
- Form into a large rectangular mound, about 2 to 3 inches high on a baking sheet with sides, to avoid dripping in oven.
- Top with 3/4 cup ketchup.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through and lightly browned.