Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
We like to make them for our cocker spaniel, that way we know what goes into his treats, Sometimes after we brush with beaten egg, we sprinkle with bacon bits, or granulated beef or chicken bouillon
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs, mixed with 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Combine flour, cornmeal, oil, broth and eggs with milk in order.
- Let set for 15 minutes.
- Preheat 350* oven.
- Roll out on lightly floured surface.
- Cut into desired shapes.dog bones, etc.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 350* for 30 min -- or till golden brown.
I'm rating this a 4 star only because a few important things were missing in the directions. I cooked these at 350 degrees. I used the beaten egg to glaze them before cooking. I also dusted my board with some of the flour to keep them from sticking. Otherwise this would have been rated a 5 star. Both of my doggies loved them. I did cut the recipe in half and got exactly 18 treats. Made for "My 3 Chef's" 2008
These were really easy and my lab really like them! I didn't have whole wheat flour so I used all purpose and they turned out great! Thanks for the recipe!