Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Pizza for breakfast?? Oh yeah!!!
Make and share this Diva Diabetic's Pizza Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large whole eggs
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh basil (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small skillet, sauté tomatoes, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in 1 tablespoons oil for 3 minutes under very low heat.
- In a separate large bowl, beat eggs and egg white, and add cheese, as well as the tomato sauté, and salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick, oven safe skillet - over a medium-low flame - add oil and pour in egg mixture. Do not move around eggs, but do move them around the pan to coat all sides evenly.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, until puffy and golden at the top.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chopped basil.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.