Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
The original recipe that is given to guests upon request at City Hall on Main Street in Disneyland! *Update*: You can find non-alcoholic creme de menthe syrup at this website: www.davincigourmet.com. Thank you, Mr. Adams for that information.
- 453.59 g granulated sugar
- 1419.54 ml water
- 35.43 g lime juice concentrate
- 240.97 g lemonade concentrate
- 177.44 ml creme de menthe (syrup available at liquor stores. Do not confuse it with creme de menthe liqueur)
- mint leaf
- lime slice
- maraschino cherry
- Combine the sugar and water in a 3 quart saucepan. Stir the contents until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in lime and lemonade concentrate next. Continue stirring and bring to boil just below the boiling point (210 degrees.) DO NOT BOIL!
- Remove pan from heat and chill. Once chilled, add a ratio of 1 part syrup to 5 parts chilled water.
- Transfer beverage to pitcher and enjoy!
- Garnish each serving with mint leaves, lime slice and a maraschino cherry.
- Sorry, the yield is estimated.
Lovely recipe! I couldn't find non-alcoholic Creme de Menthe so I had to make homemade peppermint syrup with my own fresh mint (simple syrup steeped with a bunch of mint leaves and strained). Then I had to adjust for the sugar in the recipe etc, but it was easy to eyeball and guess at. It turned out great! I love the lime in it (probably would make the real thing tastier too). We used this as a mixer with seltzer water. I left the ratio up to my bartender dad and the taste of the guest.
My Fav drink of all times. If there was more then 5 stars here it would get it.
I brought this beverage to a girl friend's tea party and they all loved it. Thank you for this recipe. I will make it again.