Recipe by COOKGIRl
The original recipe that is given to guests upon request at City Hall on Main Street in Disneyland! *Update*: You can find non-alcoholic creme de menthe syrup at this website: www.davincigourmet.com. Thank you, Mr. Adams for that information.
Top Review by runswithfork
Lovely recipe! I couldn't find non-alcoholic Creme de Menthe so I had to make homemade peppermint syrup with my own fresh mint (simple syrup steeped with a bunch of mint leaves and strained). Then I had to adjust for the sugar in the recipe etc, but it was easy to eyeball and guess at. It turned out great! I love the lime in it (probably would make the real thing tastier too). We used this as a mixer with seltzer water. I left the ratio up to my bartender dad and the taste of the guest.
- 1 lb granulated sugar
- 6 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces lime juice concentrate
- 8 1⁄2 ounces lemonade concentrate
- 3⁄4 cup creme de menthe (syrup available at liquor stores. Do not confuse it with creme de menthe liqueur)
- mint leaf
- lime slice
- maraschino cherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar and water in a 3 quart saucepan. Stir the contents until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in lime and lemonade concentrate next. Continue stirring and bring to boil just below the boiling point (210 degrees.) DO NOT BOIL!
- Remove pan from heat and chill. Once chilled, add a ratio of 1 part syrup to 5 parts chilled water.
- Transfer beverage to pitcher and enjoy!
- Garnish each serving with mint leaves, lime slice and a maraschino cherry.
- Sorry, the yield is estimated.