Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We like doing breakfast for dinner and this is really good. I like to add cooked sage sausage to this sometimes for add flavor.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cooked and cubed or 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked crumbled or 1⁄2 cup sage sausage, cooked
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheese, shredded we like Cheddar
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of butter in a non-stick skillet.
- Add mushrooms and the ham or bacon and saute for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs and mayonnaise well.
- Mix cheese and onion into the egg mixture.
- Return skillet to medium heat.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter and the egg mixture all at once.
- Cook for a few seconds without stirring until mixture begins to set.
- As the eggs cook stir gently lifting to let the raw egg run under the cooked.
- Dont let brown or dry out.
- Serve immediately.
We like having breakfast for dinner also. This was very good. The mayonnaise is an interesting addition, but it does add a nice creaminess to the eggs. I made the ham version and used about a cup of chopped ham.
Very good. My picky eaters, the kids, ate this! I was so excited. And my son hates mushrooms, but he didn't realize there were in there. This recipe appears very flexible. Might be good with peas mixed in, too.
Oh my, this was just excellent and enjoyed by all. I managed to divide the eggs down the middle, lifting and allowing the eggs to run underneath, then flipped over in half like an omlet. One side did great and the other turned out scrambled. But, all was just excellent. I followed the directions as written using ham. Thanks for a keeper.