Recipe by kzbhansen
We like doing breakfast for dinner and this is really good. I like to add cooked sage sausage to this sometimes for add flavor.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
We like having breakfast for dinner also. This was very good. The mayonnaise is an interesting addition, but it does add a nice creaminess to the eggs. I made the ham version and used about a cup of chopped ham.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cooked and cubed or 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked crumbled or 1⁄2 cup sage sausage, cooked
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheese, shredded we like Cheddar
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of butter in a non-stick skillet.
- Add mushrooms and the ham or bacon and saute for about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs and mayonnaise well.
- Mix cheese and onion into the egg mixture.
- Return skillet to medium heat.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter and the egg mixture all at once.
- Cook for a few seconds without stirring until mixture begins to set.
- As the eggs cook stir gently lifting to let the raw egg run under the cooked.
- Dont let brown or dry out.
- Serve immediately.