Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cook.com, for ZWT#6
- 4 cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar per qt. jar cucumber
- 2 teaspoons sugar per qt. jars
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper per qt. jar
- dried dill weed
- Peel cucumbers, slice as thinly as possible. ("Salad shooter" is great!).
- Sprinkle with salt, mix, let them set in a bowl until they draw water out. Then squeeze them tightly.
- Put a handful in jar, then a sprinkle of dill. Then more cucumbers, etc. Mix vinegar, sugar, and pepper. Pour over cukes in jar. Stick a knife through to mix vinegar with cucumbers. Refrigerate. (Keeps a long time.).
This was really tasty, with a sort of sweet-and-sour flavor to it. I used mini cucumbers, which I sliced in the food processor. I sprinkled them with kosher salt and followed the directions exactly as posted. I did use pint jars, instead. Thanks for sharing this. Made for ZWT6 by a fellow RedHot Renegade.