Here's a quick, great party pleaser I've made for years which has a lot of variability. It's really simple and goes well with beer and soft drinks at neighborhood or family gatherings.
- Pat dill pickle dry with paper towel.
- Take 2-3 pieces of meat (depending on size of pickle), and place them on a cutting board overlapping half of each with the next. (If you're lucky, you can find the ham cut in a rectangular shape as opposed to square. In this case, you can use just one slice and it will encase the entire pickle.).
- Spread cream cheese over meat.
- (You can use more cream cheese if you like.) Wrap pickle around in blanket fashion.
- Chill for an hour or two, then slice pickle in~1/2 inch pieces and lay flat on tray.
- (If using dried beef, you can also put meat in blender and pulverize. Spread cream cheese on dried pickle then roll in pulverized beef. Again, allow to refrigerate 1-2 hours and slice as above.).