Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are savory--a good way to use up all that zucchini in the summertime.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
Dijon Pesto Sauce (use 2/3 cup)
- 2 cups firmly packed washed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup firmly packed washed fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup honey dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour, nuts, baking powder and salt in large bowl; set aside. Whisk together eggs, milk, pesto sauce and oil in medium bowl until blended. Stir in zucchini. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Spoon batter into 12 greased 2-1/2-inch muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes until toothpick inserted into muffin centers comes out dry. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare Dijon Pesto Sauce, place basil, parsley, almonds, cheese and garlic in food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add mustard and Worcestershire; process until well blended. Gradually add oil in steady stream, processing until thick sauce forms.