Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy, simple, low fat and sugar. Sometimes simple is just better. Tomato's and ovens vary, keep an eye on them and be prepared to adjust time as needed.
- 4 large plum tomatoes, trimmed and halved lengthwise (1 lb)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up, in 1 layer in an 8- to 9-inch glass baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until skins are wrinkled and beginning to brown, about 30 minutes. Keep warm, covered with foil, until ready to serve.
So simple, yet so tasty. Will make this again. Thanks for posting Annacia :) Made for photo tag.
I prepared this as directed by the recipe. DH and I had this along with a pasta dish tonight and liked it. I did put a splash of balsamic vinegar on some of my tomatoes to give it a bit more flavor. So simple, a feature I truly enjoy! Thanks Annacia!