2 hrs 5 mins
Nothing could be more simple or delicious than a beef roast. It provides a comforting dinner, plus many easy weekday meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place roast fat side up on rack in roasting pan without lid.
- 2Rub with garlic cloves and sprinkle with pepper or use variations below.
- 3Insert meat thermometer into center of roast.
- 4Add 1 to 1/2 cups water to pan and place roast in preheated 500 degree oven.
- 5After 30 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees.
- 6Cook an additional 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours until medium done, until internal temperature 160 degrees.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic, Low-Fat Savoury Sunday Roast
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.7
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 80.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 31.4 g