Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Nothing could be more simple or delicious than a beef roast. It provides a comforting dinner, plus many easy weekday meals.
- 4 -5 lbs rump roast or 4 -5 lbs oven sirloin tip roast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves) or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Place roast fat side up on rack in roasting pan without lid.
- Rub with garlic cloves and sprinkle with pepper or use variations below.
- Insert meat thermometer into center of roast.
- Add 1 to 1/2 cups water to pan and place roast in preheated 500 degree oven.
- After 30 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees.
- Cook an additional 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 hours until medium done, until internal temperature 160 degrees.
Wow my roast came out so tender and tasty. This was a very large hit with my family. It's also very simple to make. Thanks Dancer for a great diabetic recipe!