Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
whether you are on a diet or diabetic, sugar-free is the way to go if you love ketchup on everything!
- 1⁄8 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 teaspoons artificial sweetener
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients except the sweetener. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add sweetener.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate in a covered container.
- Use within a week.
I had trouble with this. It didn't turn out well at all. Seemed like the cloves overpowered the taste of everything else. I guess I would try it again with a scant amount of cloves and keep everything else the same.
Tried making this recently and it turned out well. The only thing was that i did not have tomato paste so i used tomato sauce instead and still got the same result.Just had to cook a little longer is all. It turned out great. Thanks for posting this.