Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a recipe we got from a friend and then adapted it to our own tastes.
- 2 cups water
- 4 black tea, I prefer Earl Gray tea bags
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat water to boiling. Add tea bags; reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 4 minutes, depending on how strong you like your tea.
- Remove tea bags and add spices. Simmer for additional 2 minutes.
- Add milk and Splenda, heat to a near boil stirring constantly.
- Serve and enjoy.
Mmmmm! I really enjoyed this recipe this morning as a cold front came through last night and it was quite cool and raw outside. Made for Honor Thy Mother, Diabetic tag.