My doctor inspired these muffins.He told me I had to watch my carb & sugar intake.You know how doctors are.Yep,gotta lose the weight too! Well,I love my muffins for breakfast,so I adapted this recipe to fit my new lifestyle.I thank him everyday for those words.These muffins are great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups graham flour or 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened soymilk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large eggs or 1/4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or 1/2 cup fruit
- 1Stir together Flour, Splenda,Baking Powder,& Salt. Set aside.
- 2In large mixing bowl,combine cereal & milk. Let stand 5 minutes or till softened.
- 3Add egg & applesauce. Beat well.
- 4Add flour mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- 5Spoon into paper lined & ( Pam) sprayed muffin pans.
- 6Bake 400 * 15 - 20 minutes. Makes 12.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetic Blueberry All-Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 123.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g