Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have a recipe here posted for Cherry Cola Apples, but I have also found one that I like just as much. This recipe uses diet cola, but are strawberry-flavored. They're different for sure, but I thought they were delicious. I'm always looking for different ways to use anything that can be used in a diabetic diet. This one came from Lifescan, which is the company that produces my blood sugar monitor.
- 6 small gala apples
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet strawberry soda (I use Diet Big Red)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular
- 1 (8 ounce) container sugar-free Cool Whip
- Core the apples and place in a casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and Splenda.
- Stuff the middles of the apples with the berries.
- Pour the soda over the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the apples are tender, anywhere from 30-45 minutes, depending on the apples.
- Top with the Cool Whip.