1/1 Photo of Diabetes-Friendly Penne Boscaiola
From Super Food Ideas special diets Italian feature. Timings are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 375 dry penne pasta (dried wholemeal)
- cooking spray (olive oil specified)
- 125 g ham (leg 97% fat-free shaved)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 400 g button mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup light cream (for cooking)
- 185 ml evaporated milk (light creamy)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (salt reduced)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup parsley (flat-leaf leaves chopped)
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions, until tender and then drain.
- 2Meanwhile, spray a large, deep non-stick frying-pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat and add the ham and cook stirring occasionally for 2 minutes or until golden and then add onion, mushroom and garlic and cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms have softened.
- 3Add wine and cook for 2 minutes or until wine has reduced by half and then add cream, milk and chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has slightly reduced.
- 5Place cornflour and 3 teaspoons cold water in a bowl and stir until smooth and then add cornflour mix to cream mix and cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and add pasta and parsley, toss to combine and then serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diabetes-Friendly Penne Boscaiola
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.2 mg
- Sodium 593.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry penne pasta