Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This burger is posted for the Zaar World Tour Burger Challenge 2007. In honor of my teammates, the awesome and outstanding Devilishly Devious Diners, I would dedicate this recipe to the friends I have made! I found that it was better to grill the bison burger on top of foil to ensure the burger stays together. The amounts used for the toppings on each burger would depend on the individual. I think these burgers would be outstanding with Bergy's recipe for Jalapeno Burger Buns
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup guacamole
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 slices jalapeno jack cheese
- canned green chili
- lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- French fried onion rings
- 3 buns
- Mix together bison burger, taco seasoning and salsa. Shape into 3 burgers.
- Grill on medium heat on foil for 6-8 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile mix together sour cream and guacamole.
- Top burgers with cheese, grill an additional 2 minutes to melt cheese.
- Place burger on bun, top with green chilies, diced tomatoes, french fried onions, and shredded lettuce.
- Spread sour cream/guacamole mixture on top of bun and place on top of burger.
This is seriously the best burger I have ever had! I followed the direction exactly and it was perfect. We make this at our house all the time now.
This was an exceptional burger ~ we love bison and I made these with the oven broiler rather than the grill and they were delicious. I'm sure the smokiness of the grill could only enhance the experience. Thanks for a new keeper Kim127! Made for PRMR, April 2009!
I love its this is a great buger ever :)