Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a result of the Zaar World Tour 2007 for the Caribbean Grilling/Jerk Challenge. Our team - The Devilishly Devious Diners - created this recipe with help and ingredients from all the members. We've included beef, chicken and shrimp but feel free to add or delete any of the different meats. We used our very own ellie_'s Jamaican Spice Mixture for the jerk seasoning. It was very good accompanied by a long grain and wild rice mixture as well as mama's kitchen Delish Sweet Potato "fries" Low Fat The rum soaked fruit is our devious contribution to this great recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons caribbean jerk seasoning (I use Ellie's Jamaican Spice Mixture Jamaican Spice Mixture)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 lb round steak, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red pepper, chunked
- 2 vidalia onions, chunked
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, chunked
- 1 mango, chunked
- 1⁄4 cup bicardi rum
- 1 lime, wedged
- long grain and wild rice blend, cooked
- Mix together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, Jamaican seasoning, and lime juice in a large glass bowl. Add meat and stir to coat. Let marinate for an hour or two.
- In another bowl, mix pineapple and mango with the rum. Let sit for an hour or two, stirring occasionally.
- Heat grill to medium low.
- Thread meats onto skewers, alternating with fruit and vegetables.
- Grill on medium low for about 20 minutes or until meats are cooked through.
- Serve with long grain/wild rice mixture and wedges of lime to squeeze over kabobs.
Outstanding! I used shrimp only, and I honestly did not miss the other meats. I also skipped the rice. The flavor from the marinade is incredible. I followed the recipe for that part exactly, using Ellie's Jamaican Spice Mixture for the seasoning. This is sure to become a summer staple for me, and I like that I can switch up the proteins and it'll still be delicious. Thanks so much!!
Yummy! We used the marinade overnight to just marinade some chicken breasts for the grill. It was delicious!! I can't wait to try it with the other meats and veggies! Thank yoU!