1/6 Photos of Devilishly Divine Tropical Kabobs With a Devious Twist
This recipe is a result of the Zaar World Tour 2007 for the Caribbean Grilling/Jerk Challenge. Our team - The Devilishly Devious Diners - created this recipe with help and ingredients from all the members. We've included beef, chicken and shrimp but feel free to add or delete any of the different meats. We used our very own ellie_'s Jamaican Spice Mixture for the jerk seasoning. It was very good accompanied by a long grain and wild rice mixture as well as mama's kitchen Delish Sweet Potato "fries" Low Fat The rum soaked fruit is our devious contribution to this great recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons caribbean jerk seasoning (I use Ellie's Jamaican Spice Mixture Jamaican Spice Mixture)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 lb round steak, cubed
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red pepper, chunked
- 2 vidalia onions, chunked
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, chunked
- 1 mango, chunked
- 1/4 cup bicardi rum
- 1 lime, wedged
- long grain and wild rice blend, cooked
- 1Mix together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, Jamaican seasoning, and lime juice in a large glass bowl. Add meat and stir to coat. Let marinate for an hour or two.
- 2In another bowl, mix pineapple and mango with the rum. Let sit for an hour or two, stirring occasionally.
- 3Heat grill to medium low.
- 4Thread meats onto skewers, alternating with fruit and vegetables.
- 5Grill on medium low for about 20 minutes or until meats are cooked through.
- 6Serve with long grain/wild rice mixture and wedges of lime to squeeze over kabobs.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Devilishly Divine Tropical Kabobs With a Devious Twist
Serving Size: 1 (2282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.0
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 197.2 mg
- Sodium 613.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
caribbean jerk seasoning