Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The combination sounded good to me on paper, so I tested it and liked it! Please try to avoid using commercially prepared herbes de Provence as homemade is much, much better. A really good recipe I recommend is: Herbes de Provence. Perfect for that next French countryside themed meal or for the Easter feast. I don't know how Provincial this recipe is, but the name sounded catchy so it stuck. A CG Original. PS> If you have any safety concerns, please substitute store bought mayonnaise for the homemade. The verdict is still out on whether a wee bit of Dijon would work in this recipe. If I try it, I'll update the recipe with my findings.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers or 1 tablespoon chopped cornichon, drained
- 6 -12 french tarragon leaves (NOT dried tarragon)
- cracked black pepper
- Peel the eggs, cut in half and remove egg yolks.
- Mash the eggs yolks in a small bowl and combine with the mayonnaise, herbes de Provence and capers.
- Divide mixture and stuff the cooked egg halves.
- Garnish with the tarragon leaves and black pepper.
- Cover eggs and refrigerate until ready to serve.