Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
- 1⁄2 cup dried woodruff (also known as "Waldmeister")
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cognac
- 4 quarts moselle wine or 4 quarts rhine wine
- crushed ice
- 2 quarts chilled champagne or 2 quarts club soda
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- Place dried herbs in small bowl; add boiling water. Let stand 1 hour; strain. Place 3 tablespoons in punch bowl. Stir in sugar, cognac, and wine; add ice.
- Just before serving, pour in champagne or soda and float strawberries in the bowl.