1/1 Photo of Denise's American Chop Suey
Denise in NH's Note:
This is my basic recipe for American Chop Suey. I sometimes add more spices to give it a little different taste, maybe a little Sage, Thyme or whatever. My DH said it wouldn't be "normal" if I followed my recipe exactly. This is a real comfort food. The Prep and Cook time are estimates
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g box elbow macaroni
- 453.59-680.38 g ground beef
- 2 (595.33 g) can tomato soup
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 59.14-118.29 ml dry red wine
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalk celery, diced
- 226.79 g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 9.85-14.78 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml basil
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 0.75-1.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- 2Spray a large skillet with a cooking spray like pam.
- 3Add about two tablespoons Olive Oil.
- 4Brown the ground beef.
- 5Add the peppers, onions, celery, garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook till vegetable are almost tender.
- 6Add the tomato soup, diced tomatoes, wine and the spices.
- 7Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 8Drain cooked macaroni and place in a large bowl.
- 9pour the tomato mixture over the macaroni and mix well.
- 10Serve with lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Denise's American Chop Suey
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 600.8
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 766.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 28.0 g