Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
My family loves this Italian Pasta Salad and it is a wonderful way to get some good raw veggies! This recipe came from my good friend Diane Williams. :) Cooking and Prep time does not include the amount of time needed to marinate. Taste is sooooooo much better if you wait to eat after it has been marinated overnight.
- 450 g pasta noodles (your choice)
- 6 ounces black olives
- 8 ounces marinated artichokes
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup squash, blanched (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (can add more to taste)
- Cook pasta noodles according to it's directions.
- Drain noodles. Toss all of the vegetables with the noodles and then season.
- Marinate in the fridge before serving. I recommend marinating it overnight.
This was excellent! Tastes just like the store-bought pasta salads, but without all the additives and preservatives. Not to mention the veggies are fresh. The kids even loved this one. The only thing I changed was to add black pepper to taste. I used about 1/2 cup of balsamic and it came out perfectly flavorful. Will definitely make this again! This will be my new favorite potluck recipe too.