Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have made this dish quite a few times recently, it was just delicious! This recipe will feed about 8-10 people, but the glaze ingredients and veggies can be cut in half if desired.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 2 acorn squash, peeled, seeded and cut into large cubed pieces
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into about 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb carrot, chopped into large pieces
- pepper (optional)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter a large casserole dish (I use my 13x9-inch) white Corning Ware dish that has higher sides, it is the perfect size for this recipe.
- In a bowl, combine/whisk all glaze ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Toss the veggies between the two buttered baking pans.
- Season veggies with salt (and pepper if desired).
- Drizzle the glaze over veggies.
- Toss with a spoon to coat the veggies all over.
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and stir the veggies with a spoon, then place back in oven to bake another 15-20 minutes more, or until veggies are desired tenderness.
- *NOTE* it is best not to overbake the veggies, as they will be mushy, try to bake only until fork-tender.