Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
When my breastfed daughter was around 10 months I started noticing something wasnt quite right, so I went to my Midwife & it turns out I had extremely low iron. Normal is 12 & I was at 7. She told me to be sure to eat my leafy greens, we'll in the hot humidity of South Western Florida the cooler your food is the better! This is so good, my daughter & I drink one every other day now & my iron level is up to a 13 after just one month!!! I can just imagine what its done for her! I have tried many variations to switch it up a little, adding yogurt makes for a smoother texture (and the active cultures never hurt) Apple Juice can be substituted if you dont have OJ in the house. Mango (i used frozen to avoid the prep) Use your imagination
- 3 leaves swiss chard (Organic is best, you avoid all the pesticides & many other toxins found in conventional foods)
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi
- 1 large apple (or 2 Small Apples)
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice (start with less & work up to desired thickness)
- Tear the Swiss Chard leaves from the stem, discard stem.
- Rough chop all ingredients.
- Add to food processor/blender & it will do the rest.
This is our first green smootie. My kids are slurping it down. My dh (who hates veggies and fruit) thought it was pretty good. I give a 5 star for anything that gets my dh to eat veggies....