The amounts are only a guideline you may adjust to taste --- use meaty fish fillets of choice such as tilapia, basa, cod etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large fish fillets (or use 6 small)
- melted butter or mayonnaise
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup picante sauce (use Pace Picante sauce, or use a mild or medium salsa)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (or use cheddar cheese)
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- sour cream (use as much as desired)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees F (bottom oven rack).
- 2Grease a baking sheet.
- 3Rinse the fillets under cold water then pat completely dry using paper towels.
- 4Place the fillets onto the baking sheet.
- 5Lightly brush both sides of each fillets very lightly with melted butter or mayonnaise, then sprinkle lightly with black pepper to taste (can sprinkle with seasoned salt also if desired).
- 6Spoon/drizzle about 1/4 to 1/3 cup picante sauce over each fillet (can use more).
- 7Sprinkle about 1/4 cup shredded cheese over the salsa, then sprinkle crushed corn chips over the top.
- 8Bake uncovered for about 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes (baking time will slightly vary depending on the thickness of the fillets).
- 9Serve topped with sour cream and green onions.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Mexi-Baked Fish Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.8
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 158.4 mg
- Sodium 937.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 59.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: