Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The amounts are only a guideline you may adjust to taste --- use meaty fish fillets of choice such as tilapia, basa, cod etc.
Top Review by mama smurf
Cut this down for the two of us and used cod brushed with butter and then I followed the rest of the instructions...DELICIOUS!!! So simple and so tasty. Next time I will try it with Doritos but this was fine just as is. Thank you. Made for My 3 Chefs - June 2012.
- 4 large fish fillets (or use 6 small)
- melted butter or mayonnaise
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup picante sauce (use Pace Picante sauce, or use a mild or medium salsa)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (or use cheddar cheese)
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- sour cream (use as much as desired)
- chopped green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 400 degrees F (bottom oven rack).
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Rinse the fillets under cold water then pat completely dry using paper towels.
- Place the fillets onto the baking sheet.
- Lightly brush both sides of each fillets very lightly with melted butter or mayonnaise, then sprinkle lightly with black pepper to taste (can sprinkle with seasoned salt also if desired).
- Spoon/drizzle about 1/4 to 1/3 cup picante sauce over each fillet (can use more).
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup shredded cheese over the salsa, then sprinkle crushed corn chips over the top.
- Bake uncovered for about 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes (baking time will slightly vary depending on the thickness of the fillets).
- Serve topped with sour cream and green onions.