Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The amounts are only a guideline you may adjust to taste --- use meaty fish fillets of choice such as tilapia, basa, cod etc.
- 4 large fish fillets (or use 6 small)
- melted butter or mayonnaise
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup picante sauce (use Pace Picante sauce, or use a mild or medium salsa)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (or use cheddar cheese)
- 1 cup crushed corn chips
- sour cream (use as much as desired)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- Set oven to 400 degrees F (bottom oven rack).
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Rinse the fillets under cold water then pat completely dry using paper towels.
- Place the fillets onto the baking sheet.
- Lightly brush both sides of each fillets very lightly with melted butter or mayonnaise, then sprinkle lightly with black pepper to taste (can sprinkle with seasoned salt also if desired).
- Spoon/drizzle about 1/4 to 1/3 cup picante sauce over each fillet (can use more).
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup shredded cheese over the salsa, then sprinkle crushed corn chips over the top.
- Bake uncovered for about 12-15 minutes or until the fish flakes (baking time will slightly vary depending on the thickness of the fillets).
- Serve topped with sour cream and green onions.
Cut this down for the two of us and used cod brushed with butter and then I followed the rest of the instructions...DELICIOUS!!! So simple and so tasty. Next time I will try it with Doritos but this was fine just as is. Thank you. Made for My 3 Chefs - June 2012.