Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 150 g butter, softened
- 150 g sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon essence
- 2 -3 drops lemons, food colour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- Put butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together.
- Add in the beaten eggs, one at a time.
- Add in lemon juice, lemon essence, lemon colour and grated lemon rind.
- Mix everything well together.
- In another bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.
- Add this into the bowl containing the butter-cream mixture.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a greased cake tin.
- Bake in an oven that has been pre-heated to 180C for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into slices and serve with tea.
This doesn't seem like a Indian recipe but that was what it was categorized under. It was delicious, I undercooked it a little bit so that it'd be extra moist and added whip cream on top. Delish!