Recipe by mexican_mamii
Simple, quick, soft heaven drops everyone loves! Add food coloring, toppings, or even use as a great cake frosting for variations.
Top Review by pcshowell
I followed the recipe exactly and this was bad. It was so bitter we had to throw the whole batch out. Maybe it was the sugar substitute we used - Sugar Twin - but I wouldn't recommend this.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 200°C.
- Beat 3 egg whites at high speed until fluffy enough that you can flip upside down without it falling.
- While the egg whites are beating put the sugar substitute into saucepan and add water just enough so it makes a thick paste.
- Boil at medium heat until bubbling and has formed a caramel texture.
- Add the caramel while the egg whites are still beating.
- Keep beating until fluffy.
- On sheets of waxed paper place small drops in any shape you like.
- Cook for 1 hour or until the top coat is a little stiff but careful not to leave it on high heat because it can easily burn.
- Cover and let cool for about 30 minutes, then enjoy!
- **If you want to multiply the recipe just calculate 4 tablespoons of sugar substitute for every egg white you add**.