Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the most delicious marinade for large amounts of chicken that you are going to grill. I originally came up with this recipe when I was looking for a better marinade at culinary school, so the original recipe called for a bottle of Lea & Perrins, and a cup of veg. oil, But I wanted more depth of flavor then that, so I added a lot of different combinations of herbs until I came up with this one. And it makes the chicken moist and delicious.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- Put the amount of chicken that you want to grill in the bottom of a big bowl.
- In another bowl put all above ingredients in and whisk together.
- Then pour the prepared marinade over the chicken, and refrigerate overnight, or for 4-5 hours.
Good Marinade..I marinated it 24 hours, and grilled the chicken. While grilling I brushed some more since I had plenty leftover on the chicken after turning it on the grill. Made for a great dinner. Made for I recommend.
The flavor of this marinade is fabulous; and the smell while cooking was terrific too! I have made a similar recipe for years, but this is equally easy and I think it just tastes better! I did reduce the recipe by 2/3's and grilled my chicken breasts on an indoor grill. I'll certainly be going back to this again! Thanks for sharing, PatisserieFan! Made for Spring PAC 2010 - http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
After marinating for about 11 hours and cooked on the grill over medium low heat the result was very moist and tasty chicken. :) Thanks for posting. *Made for Spring 2010 PAC*