Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe a few years ago and everyone that I have made it for absolutely loves it! It's great with pasta on the side.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs (well beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 jar meatless sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Combine bread crumbs and 1/2 of the parmesan cheese into small bowl.
- Mix well.
- Dip chicken breasts into egg and coat.
- Then, dip into bread crumb and cheese mixture.
- Heat oil and fry breaded chicken on both sides for about 5 minutes.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into a 13x9 baking dish.
- Top with chicken.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Pull out and top with mozzarella and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for another 7-10 minutes.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti or pasta of your choice.
I am wondering what I did wrong but this was kind of bland to us. I did use Panko bread crumbs as that was what I had on hand and I added thyme and oregano to crumbs. I like the idea of making homemade chicken parmesan so I will make this again just with more italian seasonings next time.
Easy and delicious. Great as leftovers.
Absolutely AMAZING! Quick, easy, and so satisfying. My boyfriend and I prepared just two portions for a romantic dinner. It turned out so well that when we were done eating (and were able to move away from the table) we called our friends to brag about how good it was. Served with pasta alfredo and steamed green beans. mmmm! Will definitely make again, this would be a fantastic dish to impress dinner guests.