Recipe by theshewolf
I came up with this recipe for a friend with celiac's about 6 months before I discovered my own gluten allergy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 cup soy flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa flour
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1 cup turbinado sugar and baking powder; beat until combined. Beat in eggs. Beat in cocoa powder, coffee crystals, and as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour, chocolate pieces, and nuts with a wooden spoon. Divide in half.
- Shape each portion into an 11-inch-long loaf. Place loaves 5 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Flatten each loaf until 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 inches thick. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 25 minutes or until firm and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet for 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Transfer to a cutting board, and cut each loaf diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lay slices, cut side down, on the cookie sheet. Bake in a 325°F oven for 8 minutes. Turn slices over and bake for 5 – 10 minutes more or until dry and crisp. Transfer slices to wire rack to cool.