Prep 3 hrs
Cook 120 hrs
This is a variation of recipezaar.com Venison Salami by Aroostook. This recipe is less salty, uses casings, and is prepared in a smoker. I've written the recipe for 1 lb of deer meat. Adjust according to what you plan to make.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Push plastic wrap down over the meat.
- Refrigerate for 4 days mixing once per day.
- Stuff into casings forming links about 6 inches long. (20 / 22mm sheep casings work well.).
- Place in smoker and smoke according to your smoker's directions.
- After smoking is complete the links can be cut apart.