Prep 72 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Better than you can Imagine! Cook Time varies..
- 1 wild turkey, whole, dressed
- peanut oil, for frying (about 2.5 gallons)
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 3 tablespoons onion juice
- 3 tablespoons garlic juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 1⁄3 ounces cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- Mix all ingredients except turkey, pot and peanut oil to make a marinade.
- Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Use meat injecting needle to inject all through turkey.
- Put turkey and marinade in a large plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 days.
- Remove in time to bring to room temp before cooking.
- Heat oil in a 40-60 quart pot to 325F (Use candy thermometer).
- Immerse turkey completely and cook for 4 minutes per pound.
- Place a pie tin with holes in the bottom, in the bottom of the deep fryer to prevent sticking.