My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Half-fill a deep pan with melted fat or oil. Heat until a faint haze rises from it (or until a bread cube sinks to the bottom of the pan, rises to the top immediately and turns golden in 50 seconds).
- 2Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- 3Beat to a smooth batter, unbeaten egg, butter and milk. Then add the flour and salt mixture.
- 4Coat 2 pieces of fish with batter.
- 5Lift into the pan with a fork or kitchen tongs.
- 6Fry until crisp and golden, allowing about 6-8 minutes for large pieces and 4-5 minutes for medium.
- 7Remove from the pan and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- 8Repeat with the remaining fish.
- 9Garnish with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deep Fried Fish
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.9
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 188.9 mg
- Sodium 334.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 40.0 g