Recipe by Chef Dine
I got this recipe from a cake decorator at my church. Thanks Geri! It works great and tastes great.
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes powdered sugar
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk (may add 1 Tbls if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl combine ingredients and blend until smooth.
- When icing your cake, make your first layer of icing extremely thin (cake will show through), let set for a few minutes then do your main layer of icing. You can flatten your frosting on top using plain white paper and with gentle pressure - smooth the paper with the palm of your hand. This will give you a nice smooth surface to decorate onto.