Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Looks good and tastes good. Use Oregano instead of Sage for a Greek version. Goes well with almost any meal. Not too good with Egg Foo Yong but then it depends on your tast!
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and cut almost through at 1/4" intervals (Russet/Idaho)
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into quarters and then into 1/4 " strips
- 16 fresh sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Put red pepper strip in one slit of the potatoes then a sage leaf in the next.
- Mix the;olive oil, garlic, Salt& pepper.
- Brush the potatoes well with Oil mix.
- Wrap tightly in foil.
- BBQ or bake in the oven 375F degrees for approximately 1 hour or until done.
I alternated red and green peppers. Good reviews at the dinner table.
I have sage growing in the yard and I love it. Never thought of putting it in a potato though!! But it sure worked. With the extra garlic and lots of sage this was a treat. I imagine dried sage would work too. Thanks again Bergy