1/1 Photo of Deceptively Delicious Blueberry Oatmeal Bars (With Spinach)
These are from the book Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. Great for a quick snack or easy breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup balance trans-fat free margarine, chilled
- 1 cup no-sugar-added blueberry spread
- 1/2 cup spinach, puree
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Coat an 8"X 8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and vanilla and stir to mix well.
- 4Add the margarine and cut it quickly into dry ingredients with two knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal and is no longer powdery. Do no overmix--bits of margarine will still be visible.
- 5Set aside about half the oat mixture; press the rest firmly into the pan. Bake until lightly browned at the edges (but not fully baked), 13 to 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, mix the preserves with the spinach puree in a small bowl.
- 7Spread blueberry mixture over the partially baked oat layer, then sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake until topping is slightly browned, 20-25 minutes. Set the pan on a rack to cool completely before cutting into 12 bars.
- 8Spinach Puree:.
- 9Steam baby spinach(for mature spinach-remove stems) for about 30-40 seconds or cook in skillet with 1 tablespoons water for about 90 seconds or just until wilted. Puree in food processor or blender for about 2 min until smooth and creamy.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deceptively Delicious Blueberry Oatmeal Bars (With Spinach)
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 58.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
trans-fat free margarine
no-sugar-added blueberry spread