Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe comes from a book called "Christmas Cookies Are For Giving"...and they sure do live up to their name...the dried cranberries transform these cookies into a holiday favorite...but they are great to have at any time. (Note these cookies are great for shipping)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 baking sheets, or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon baking powder, baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, shortening, white and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mix well until fluffy.
- In a Small cup, mix together the vanilla and the coffee, until the coffee is dissolved, then add to the butter mixture; beat to combine.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Stir in the baking chips and dried cranberries.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of dough at a time onto baking sheet, spacing about 2" apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.